MissionThe mission of Prime Diagnostic Institute is to educate, sculpt and produce a new generation of sonographers that will be recognized for their superb clinical intellect and excellent scanning capabilities in the profession of ultrasound.
Mission Statement, Vision & Philosophy
Our program philosophy is based on the belief that the diagnostic medical sonographer plays an essential role in the medical team and provides a vital service to the patient and the physician by accurately detecting disease.
The success of our students in applying the skills of diagnostic ultrasound is dependent on a vigorous process of hands-on training coupled with structured comprehensive instruction. The program, therefore, is committed to supporting the professional and personal development of each individual seeking this career.
VisionThe vision of Prime Diagnostic Institute is one that has guided its development from its inception: to become an institution able to offer its students a full range of opportunities to improve their lives and realize their dreams in the field of diagnostic ultrasound. As technology changes we believe the evolution of the sonographer must change to uphold the integrity of the profession, thereby better serving the medical community. The institute we envision would be one widely recognized for its technological commitment, high academic standards and the excellence of its graduates.
PhilosophyPrime Diagnostic Institute faculty and staff are focused on fostering the growth of intellectual, social and communication skills. These acquired skills will prepare our students not only to succeed in the workplace but also, to be responsible citizens and leaders. We encourage students to continue learning throughout their lifetimes. PDI strives to support students within an educational environment characterized by the highest professional standards and personalized attention to individual development.
- To provide a faculty qualified by education, experience, continuing education and on-going professional development in the field(s) for which they are assigned to teach.
- To prepare students fully for entry-level employment in the student’s selected field.
- To ensure students acquisition of knowledge through lecture, examinations and evaluations.
- To ensure students acquisition of competency-based skills through laboratory training within the institution and clinical training utilizing clinical rotation facilities.
- To prepare students to take the appropriate certification/licensure examinations for their selected program.
- To assist students to gain professional skills, study techniques, test taking techniques; and further, how to utilize the student resource center(s).
- To prepare students for their job search by providing opportunities to learn interviewing techniques, develop electronic communications and prepare a professional resume.