Non-DiscriminationIt is the policy of Prime Diagnostic Institute to provide equal opportunity in education and employment for all qualified persons. PDI prohibits discrimination of any kind. We admits qualified students without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, disability, or any other factor prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made for students who are physically or mentally disabled given they are qualified individuals, unless providing such accommodations would result in an undue burden or fundamentally alter the nature of the relevant program, benefit or service provided by PDI. Please contact the Dean of Students to discuss/request services.
Physical /Mental RequirementsThe student must be physically capable of carrying out all assigned duties:
- Emotional and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position
- Strength sufficient to: lift some patients, move heavy equipment on wheels (up to approximately 500 lbs), and to move patients in wheelchairs and stretchers.
- Ability to maintain prolonged arm positions necessary for scanning.
- Ability to stand for prolonged period of time while scanning.
- Lift more than 50 pounds routinely
- Push and pull routinely
- Bend and stoop routinely
- Have full use of both hands, wrists and shoulders
- Distinguish audible sounds
- Adequately view sonograms, including color distinctions
- Work standing on their feet 80% of the time
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured
- Assist patients on and off examining tables
- Communicate effectively with patients and other health care professionals
- Organize and accurately perform the individual steps in a sonographic procedure in the proper sequence
Admissions Procedures and Requirements
Admission to Prime Diagnostic Instituteis open to all qualified applicants who will be 18 years of age at the time the clinical rotation portion of their program begins (as applicable). All applicants are required to complete a personal interview with an admissions representative before they can be fully accepted into Prime Diagnostic Institute.The personal admissions interviewenables school administrators to determine whether an applicant is a qualified candidate for enrollment into the program. Also, it gives applicants a chance to ask personal questions relating only to their unique circumstances. Potential students and applicants are encouraged to attend information sessions and tour the school facilities. This gives applicants an opportunity to ask questions pertaining to the schools equipment, curriculum and career objectives, all while familiarizing themselves with the facility. The final decision regarding admissions rests with the Dean of Academic Affairs.
The following items are requirements for conditional admission:
- Application for Admission
- Admissions Interview
- Official High School Transcripts
- Official College Transcripts
- Submitted proof of compliance with New York State Immunization (MMR) and Vaccination (meningitis) laws.
- Physician’s Health Testament
- Enrollment Agreement (if applicant is under 18 years of age, it must also be signed by parent or guardian)
- Payment of an application fee
- Applicants must complete the admissions process within one year of the initial application date.
IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE BEFORE YOU CAN ENROLL. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE STUDENT IMMUNIZATION RECORD FORM.